Support for students

  • Need somebody to talk to? Find out the support options available at UWE Bristol.

  • The Advice Centre at the Students’ Union at UWE is a free, confidential, impartial service where an advisor can talk through the procedure, how to complain, options and support you through the process. This includes checking draft complaints and attending any meetings with the University.
  • UWE Bristol's Community Liaison team can provide guidance for students.  They can provide advice on a number of community related issues such as living peacefully alongside neighbours and how to resolve conflict.

Support for local residents and community

We take the concerns of our local community very seriously. When we receive a complaint or feedback about the impact of our students in a neighbourhood, it is looked into and responded to.

If you are experiencing loud or aggressive behaviour by a student/students who live in your neighbourhood that is causing distress or upset, you can report this to us.

However, as students are adults, we are not able to regulate every aspect of their lives. Whilst we are able to advise, remind and reprimand our students, we are not able to issue Noise Abatement Orders, ASBOs, parking tickets or fines for dropping litter or failing to put rubbish out in a timely manner. These must be dealt with by the appropriate authorities. 

  • UWE Bristol's Community Liaison team is the dedicated point of contact for local residents. They can provide advice on a number of community related issues from dealing with noisy neighbours and how to resolve conflict, to addressing parking issues. The team can be contacted:

Further support

View other areas of support


There are two ways you can tell us what happened