Support for students
- Need somebody to talk to? Find out the support options available at UWE Bristol.
- The Advice Centre at the Students’ Union at UWE is a free, confidential, impartial service where an advisor can talk through your options, the procedure, how to report an incident, and support you through the process. This can include checking draft reports and attending any meetings you have with the University.
Other support available in the community
- Bristol Hate Crime & Discrimination Services (BHC&DS) is a service for victims of any type of hate incident or discrimination including racist, faith-based, disablist, homophobic, transphobic, age-based or gender based.
- Stand Against Racism & Inequality (SARI) offer a free and confidential casework service for victims of hate crime and incidents for anyone who faces or witnesses hate crime or incident.
- True Vision provides a 24-hour online reporting service, with information on support agencies.
- Brandon Trust support adults and children with learning disabilities and autism.
- SARSAS (Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support) provide information on the different types of sexual violence.
- Victim Support help people feel safer and find the strength to move beyond crime. Their support is free and confidential.