Support for students
- Need somebody to talk to? Find out the support options available at UWE Bristol.
- The Advice Centre at the Students’ Union at UWE is a free, confidential, impartial service where an advisor can talk through your options, the procedure, how to report an incident, and support you through the process. This can include checking draft reports and attending any meetings you have with the University.
- UWE Bristol's Community Liaison team can provide guidance for students. They can provide advice on a number of community related issues such as living peacefully alongside neighbours and how to resolve conflict.
Support for local residents and community
We take the concerns of our local community very seriously. When we receive a complaint or feedback about the impact of our students in a neighbourhood, it is looked into and responded to.
If you are experiencing loud or aggressive behaviour by a student/students who live in your neighbourhood that is causing distress or upset, you can report this to us.
However, as students are adults, we are not able to regulate every aspect of their lives. Whilst we are able to advise, remind and reprimand our students, we are not able to issue Noise Abatement Orders, ASBOs, parking tickets or fines for dropping litter or failing to put rubbish out in a timely manner. These must be dealt with by the appropriate authorities such as Bristol City Council or the Police.
- UWE Bristol's Community Liaison team is the dedicated point of contact for local residents. They can provide advice on a number of community related issues from dealing with noisy neighbours and how to resolve conflict, to addressing parking issues. The team can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Citizens Advice can provide guidance on anti-social behaviours.