Support for students
- Need somebody to talk to? Find out the support options available at UWE Bristol.
- UWE Bristol's Anti-Sexual Violence Service provides a non-judgemental, inclusive and confidential space for you to seek support if you have experienced sexual trauma of any kind, even if you don’t want to report something. We can give you unbiased information about reporting processes with the police and University so you can make the best decision for you. It’s an appointment-based service, offering face-to-face, telephone or video call appointments from every campus. Please note that this is not a crisis service.
- The Advice Centre at the Students’ Union at UWE is a free, confidential, impartial service where an advisor can talk through your options, the procedure, how to report an incident, and support you through the process. This includes checking draft reports and attending any meetings you have with the University.
Other support available in the community
- The Bridge, the Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Bristol, SARSAS (Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support) and Survivors UK (for male survivors) offer information and advice. They have trained advisors who will provide advice and support to a survivor of rape or sexual violence in confidence.
- Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership provide information on types of violence and support services that can help.
- The Survivor Pathway have information online about specialist sexual violence support services in the South West.
- Galop support LGBTQ+ people who have experienced sexual violence.
- Survivors UK give help and advice to male survivors of sexual assault and rape.
- SafeLink provide independent support for anyone who has been the victim of rape and sexual abuse across the whole of Avon and Somerset area.
- Victim Support has sexual harassment guidance and support. You can call their free support line on 08 08 16 89 111 or get email support.
- Citizens Advice provide information on rape and sexual assault.
There are two ways you can tell us what happened