Remember that support is available if you need help. We’ve provided some sources of support at UWE Bristol below.
Support for students
Talk to someone
- Talk to a friend. Chatting things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
- Need somebody to talk to? Find out the support options available at UWE.
- The Advice Centre at the Students’ Union at UWE is a free, confidential, impartial service where an advisor can talk through the procedure, how to complain, available options, and support you through the process. This support includes checking draft complaints and attending any meetings with the University.
- Information Points are available on all campuses and provide support on course matters, facilities and general enquiries.
- The Disability Service provide information about the types of support and reasonable adjustments available for disabled students with additional support needs.
- Money Advisers can advise on government funding and financial support during your studies.
- Student Support Advisers can provide you with information and advice on a wide range of university matters, including course-related issues and personal circumstances.
- Academic Personal Tutors support your personal and academic development.
- UWE Cares provides inclusive support and enhanced opportunities to Home UK undergraduate students who are care leavers or care experienced, students who are permanently estranged or separated from their parents, and student carers who provide unpaid care to ill or disabled family members. If this is you, you can access extra support.
- International Student Support can help you settle into university life and make the most of the opportunities on offer at UWE Bristol and in the UK.
- Accommodation Services provide support services and resources to students living in UWE Bristol properties.
- Check the full list of UWE Bristol support services available.
- The Community Hub on Frenchay Campus is a space where everyone can find quiet and reflection. It is home to the Chaplaincy Team, who support people of all faiths and none.
If you need to make a complaint
- Contact the Campus Police Officer via the (0117328)9999 UWE Bristol Gatehouse telephone number Anyone can talk to them and report an incident. All designated UWE Bristol staff (including the Campus Police Officer) can assist with accessing the reporting form, and give advice on the most appropriate University process to resolve the incident.
- Email the UWE Bristol Complaints inbox. Anyone can send the University details of a complaint via email@example.com. Everyone reporting incidents will be supported by:
- trained individuals who will respond in a sensitive, positive, non-judgmental, victim-orientated and culturally competent manner
- individuals who will provide additional information on UWE Bristol support structures/networks and external agencies
- individuals who will provide information on how the University will respond to incidents.