Remember that support is available if you need help. We’ve provided some sources of support at UWE Bristol below.

Support for students

Talk to someone
  • Talk to a friend. Chatting things through with someone you trust can sometimes help. 
  • Need somebody to talk to? Find out the support options available at UWE. 
  • The Advice Centre at the Students’ Union at UWE is a free, confidential, impartial service where an advisor can talk through your options, the procedure, how to report an incident, and support you through the process. This support can include checking draft reports and attending any meetings you have with the University. 
  • If you think that the safety or wellbeing of a UWE Bristol student is at risk or have other concerns about them, call the UWE Bristol Serious Concerns line on +44 (0)117 32 84000.
Practical support
  • Information Points are available on all campuses and provide support on course matters, facilities and general enquiries.
  • The Disability Service provide information about the types of support and reasonable adjustments available for disabled students with additional support needs.
  • Wellbeing Service supports mental health and personal development needs.
  • Money Advisers can advise on government funding and financial support during your studies.
  • Student Support Advisers can provide you with information and advice on a wide range of university matters, including course-related issues and personal circumstances.
  • Academic Personal Tutors support your personal and academic development.
  • UWE Cares provides inclusive support and enhanced opportunities to Home UK undergraduate students who are care leavers or care experienced, students who are permanently estranged or separated from their parents, and student carers who provide unpaid care to ill or disabled family members. If this is you, you can access extra support. 
  • International Student Support can help you settle into university life and make the most of the opportunities on offer at UWE Bristol and in the UK.
  • Accommodation Services provide support services and resources to students living in UWE Bristol properties.
  • Check the full list of UWE Bristol support services available.
  • The Community Hub on Frenchay Campus is a space where everyone can find quiet and reflection. It is home to the Chaplaincy Team, who support people of all faiths and none.
Reporting an incident

If you want to report an incident or make a complaint you can do so through the links to the Report and Support tool on this site. In addition, support is available:
  • Email the UWE Bristol Complaints inbox. Anyone can send the University details of an incident or complaint via Everyone reporting incidents will be supported by:
    • trained individuals who will respond in a sensitive, positive, non-judgmental, victim-orientated and culturally competent manner
    • individuals who will provide additional information on UWE Bristol support structures/networks and external agencies
    • individuals who will provide information on how the University will respond to incidents.
  • Contact the Campus Police Officer via the 9999 UWE Bristol Gatehouse telephone number Anyone can talk to them and report an incident. All designated UWE Bristol staff (including the Campus Police Officer) can assist with accessing the reporting form, and give advice on the most appropriate University process to resolve the incident.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened