If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 999 (or 112 from a mobile).

If an incident has just happened, try and find somewhere that feels safe.


Get support from a friend or family member. Telling someone may help you to deal with the immediate situation and may calm your mind.


If someone tells you they think they’ve experienced anti-social behaviour, just taking the time to listen to someone and talk about what has happened can help.
  • Give options. When they’ve finished talking, ask them if they’re okay to talk through some possible options for support or how they might report what has happened.
  • Help them to report if that is what they want to do.

Report it

The police, local authorities and other community safety partner agencies, all have a responsibility to deal with anti-social behaviour and to help people who are experiencing it.

If you are experiencing problems with anti-social behaviour, or have any concerns about it, or other community safety issues, you should contact Bristol City Council or call the Police non-emergency number, 101.

You can also tell us about an incident involving UWE Bristol students using the University’s Report and Support system. You can report anonymously or provide us with contact details. If you give details, we’ll get in touch to discuss the potential next steps. This could include you making a formal report.


There are two ways you can tell us what happened